Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nothing better than a great birth to amp you up!

I got to witness a beautiful birth Thursday morning (8/11) at Carolina Community Maternity Center in Ft Mill, SC. Two family friends welcomed new baby John, earthside at 10:45am and I had the pleasure of being there. It was a very intense (first baby) labor of around 11hours but mom held in there and did a great job (so did dad). Everyone was so happy, I couldn't help but cry tears of happiness with them!

There is nothing better to amp you up to study than seeing a precious baby born into the world :) It gave me a huge boost! I was slacking off on study time the past couple of weeks (taking naps when Kade did, playing games on my phone when I couldn't sleep, ect), but im back on track! I have finished my clinical hours for unit one and have completed almost half of my study hours for unit one (20hrs of 45). I have a small section of Holistic Midwifery and half of Maternal-Newborn Nursing left to do and I still need to get the practical skills guide and do my reading in that, once I finish those books I will be done with unit one and on to unit two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment